This is the perfect light, summer dish when you want to cook something healthy for dinner but don’t want to be spend too much time in the kitchen!
First, I used this simple baked citrus salmon recipe and added in some cherry tomatoes sprinkled with olive oil and thyme to roast them and draw out their flavor. For sides, I included couscous and a homemade tzatziki dip, which really makes the dish. You can use really any brand of couscous you like– to be honest I just used a boxed kind from Near East–but I make it extra flavorful by adding a touch of white wine at the end.
For the tzatziki, I used Greek yogurt, cucumber, and lots of lemon juice and fresh herbs (see my recipe below). It’s traditionally made with plain yogurt and/or sour cream, but I find that Greek yogurt has just the right amount of thickness and tanginess (plus, it’s healthier!). Serve with a fresh mint garnish, and enjoy!
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely diced
- 1 cup Fage 2% yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flavorful extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all ingredients together. Let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours for flavors to blend.