I absolutely love chocolate, so I was so excited to learn this healthier way of preparing it. The star ingredients in this recipe are raw cacao-chocolate its natural form- and avocado! Unexpected, right?
Here, the avocado adds creaminess, while the cacao adds that rich, chocolatey flavor that makes the mousse so decadent. Unlike the overly processed Hershey’s powder you find in the store (cocoa), cacao has more antioxidant flavonoids than any other foods known to man and is one of the highest whole food source of magnesium, which helps to mitigate the symptoms of stress. Win, win!
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup natural almond butter
- ¾ avocado (preferably a bit more firm so that its taste is covered by the chocolate)
- ½ banana
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ maple or agave syrup
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Divide into small, individual ramekins and chill for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, garnish with coconut, hazelnuts, fruit or other toppings as desired.