One of the best ways to counteract holiday overindulging is to load up on fiber and leafy greens immediately after. This crisp kale salad is chock full of fiber, and the citrus adds a zesty punch–think a healthier, lighter version of a Caesear salad. This delicious salad only takes a few minutes to prepare and will have you feeling refreshed in no time!
- 1 bunch lacinato or tuscan kale (look for dark, flat leaves)
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Rinse and wash kale leaves and tear into small, bite sized pieces, removing the stems. Pat dry and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together juice of one lemon, garlic, lemon zest, and olive oil. Pour over kale and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Add fresh parmesan and serve.