I know I know, it’s technically after Thanksgiving, but can you really have TOO much pumpkin? In my defense, Trader Joe’s still has all of their famous pumpkin items out!
These pumpkin cookies are everything–extra moist, chocolatey, cakey, melt in your mouth deliciousness. I promise, you don’t want to miss them! Here’s how I do it:
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour (can also use whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli milk chocolate)
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, brown and white sugar, vanilla, and egg. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon 1" spoonfuls of cookie dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown (may need additional time depending in your oven!).